Our History

For over 115 years Gladden has been serving the Franklinton and surrounding communities.

1905

Founded by Reverend Washing Gladden and Ms. Celia Jeffrey as a neighborhood mission of First Congregational Church

1913

Gladden Serves as an emergency shelter for victims of flood.

1923

Gladden incorporated as an independent nonprofit agency

1923

Gladden becomes charter member of Columbus Community Chest/Associated Charities

1953

Gladden after occupying 3 other locations, Gladden moves to current location at the corner of Hawkes and Town

1959

Gladden serves as emergency shelter for victims of flood

1992

$2.8 million dollar capital campaign

1995

Renovation of existing building and 12,000 sq foot two story addition completed